Thursday, November 10, 2005

Should I Stay or Should I Go??

I wish I could talk about my job more openly, especially since I do some pretty interesting research. However, all of the research I do is confidential, so I have to keep my lips sealed, or be extremely careful about what I say.

But I do have a job dilemma that I can talk about, which has been on my mind quite often lately.

As most of my friends know, my employment contract ends in the middle of December, but I have been asked to stay with my company longer...

Staying longer is practical for many reasons. I like my company, I like the people I work with, and I would have a chance to save up more money, before I make the next big step in my life. Staying longer would also help to enhance my resume and to build up more job experience before I try to find another job.

I don't stay, I will spend some time up north with my family and then move to California to be with Jonas and work in a public library. However, being jobless and trying to drive to California in the middle of the winter leaves something to be desired.

On the other hand, I feel like I have this great life waiting for me in California with Jonas. I have always lived in Michigan and I am so ready to live somewhere completely different. And I am not sure how long I can do the long distance relationship thing while keeping my sanity.

I feel like I have this exciting life in a new place with my perfect boyfriend, but that life is thousands of miles away. I also feel like I have spent the last 10 years or so (high school + college + grad school) preparing for my future and I am just once again putting my future on hold.

But then again, my life is not that bad now. It is much better than being unemployed and unstable all over again...

I am not sure if I should be logical or emotional in this situation...

Well, if this is the biggest thing I have to worry about, then my life is really not bad at all, right?

1 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

Ok, so my boss did mention telecommuting, one time, on a whim. But I don't think it is going to be that easy. I truly wish it could be...

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home