Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Still in Michigan...

I know, I’ve been neglecting our blog again…

Since I left my corporate library job in mid-December, I have been traveling around Michigan, doing what my sister refers to as "couch surfing."

If I had enough money saved, I would travel around the U.S. or maybe even the world. However, traveling around MI and visiting friends and family has been rewarding all by itself.

During the holidays, I traveled up north and stayed with my family. Then, right after X-Mas, I went back downstate and stayed with my old roommate for a week in Macomb, and then I stayed in A2 for a week. Near the end of my week in A2, I met Jonas at DTW.

I was, of course, thrilled to see Jonas for a few days, because I had not seen him since Thanksgiving. While he was in MI, we drove to St. Joe and Grand Rapids. After a much too short stay in GR, I dropped Jonas off at the airport, and I drove back up north during a short window of time when the driving conditions were reasonable.

Now I am back up north with my family, using… brace yourself… Dial-Up.

Although, I will be the first to admit that I am beginning to like the slow pace of life up here. I am even getting into crafting. Phase 1 of my unemployment has been going well so far…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home