Thursday, March 16, 2006

Finally Moving

I only moved once or twice when I was young, but I have moved 13 times since I was 17. Now my 14th move is a big one, because I am finally moving to CA.

I am very excited, but also scared. California is like a whole new world to me, with so many foreign concepts, like carpool lanes, fresh food, traffic school, earthquakes, smog checks, etc. And I have so many questions, like Do babies count as an extra passenger in the carpool lane?

I will be driving there, and loading my car with most of my stuff and shipping a few things too.

If anyone has ANY suggestions/advice about driving to SF and/or moving cross-country, PLEASE let me know. Because I have moved a lot, but never this far.

4 Comments:

Blogger jude said...

I met a redneck on a grecian isle
Who did the goat dance very well
He gave me back my smile
But he kept my camera to sell
Oh the rogue, the red red rogue
He cooked good omelettes and stews
And I might have stayed on with him there
But my heart cried out for you, california
Oh california I’m coming home
Oh make me feel good rock’n roll band
I’m your biggest fan
California, I’m coming home
- Joni Mitchell, California

3:33 AM  
Blogger cariberry said...

When are you coming out here? We should have a party! I flew here when I moved, so I have no advice on the cross-country trip.

7:40 PM  
Blogger Zahra said...

Which way will you be driving, the north or south route? We drove to Ann Arbor from the Bay area (twice, once with just us and again with our pets) and went the northern route. Just be sure to get gas in Salt Lake City because stations are few and far between until you get to the Nevada border. Our favorite stop along the way was Ogallala, NE where we walked on Boot Hill.

7:08 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

Thanks for the advice, everyone! I am leaving bright and early tomorrow morning. I am driving halfway with my trusty mechanic dad, and then Jonas is meeting us in Denver and driving the rest of the way with me. I hope it doesn't suck. :)

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home