Thursday, March 09, 2006

Long Distance

I realized recently that the last time I shared the same zip code with Jonas was in the end of April 2005. So we have been in a long (very long) distance relationship for 10 months now. And on top of that, we haven't even seen eachother in over two months. For me (and probably for many others in similar situations), it is a miracle that we are still in a happy relationship.

I attempted long distance relationships in the past with three other people. (With the first guy, I relocated for undergrad; with the second guy, he relocated for grad school; and with the third guy, I relocated for grad school. Of course, none of these relationships worked out, because in relationships, flaws and compatibility problems are only magnified with distance.

But I am happy to say that Jonas and I are doing well. My internal clock is permanently on pacific time... but I have always been kind of nocturnal anyway.

I was trying to be optimistic, and I thought of two good things about being in a long distance relationships.

You can save money on razors (and other personal care products), because there is no need to shave your legs (or primp) AND you can build a super strong friendship with your s.o., through long phone conversations and letters.

I just wished I remembered what Jonas looked like. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home