Thursday, March 30, 2006

We've Arrived!

Jonas and I finally made it safely back to the bay area Wednesday evening. I cannot believe we drove my rusty old car all the way from MI to CA. I am also a little overwhelmed by the fact that I actually live in the bay area now.

I began the road trip by driving to Ann Arbor and Grand Rapids to say goodbye to as many people as I could in the short amount of time I had before I left. Then I met up with my dad and we drove through MI, IN, IL, IA, NE, and CO. I met up with Jonas in Denver and my dad flew back to MI. After spending some time in Denver, Jonas and I planned on taking the northern route to the bay area. However, high winds, snowy weather, and closed roads, made going above the rockies or through them less than desirable. So, we ended up going south through NM and AZ to CA. The detour made our trip a little longer, but the scenery itself made it worth the extra mileage.

Below are a few pictures from the trip. The midwestern leg of the trip was a little boring in terms of scenery, but CO, NM, AZ, and CA were pretty breathtaking.


This is a large book outside of Denver Public Library. Of course we visited the library!

















Red Rocks park and amphitheater in Denver. People actually run here as a way to exercise, but Jonas and I were about to pass out just climbing a few stairs.
















Leaving Denver and heading south...

















Jonas celebrated his b-day in Albuquerque, NM. He was a good sport about driving all day on his b-day.





















Riding the tramway to Sandia Peak in NM.

















We were a little out of breath at the top, but the view was totally worth it.

















More driving...

















Jonas taking care of my car.
















This is in Flagstaff, AZ. Which way do we go???
















Still driving through AZ...
















Driving through smelly cow pastures in CA.
















Near Sequioa National Park in CA.

















One last stop to enjoy the scenery before we made it home.


















I hope you don't feel like you just watched a boring vacation slideshow. :)

5 Comments:

Blogger serene said...

hooray for you guys!! happy belated birthday jonas! and i'll see you both very soon! :)

11:53 AM  
Blogger jude said...

Happy belated b-day Jonas. Glad to see that you guys made it to CA safely. Wow, that detour sure looks like it was worth it. The Red Rocks amphitheatre is gorgeous. Anyone remember U2 performing there for their Under a Blood Red Sky tour? ;)

2:01 PM  
Blogger hello world said...

way to go guys. rest up we'll see you soon.
-david jen dylan

11:09 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

Cute avatars, Jude and Serene!

11:34 PM  
Blogger Zahra said...

Hey, you didn't capitalize Bay Area. It's your new home, give it some respect ;)

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home