Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Daughter-in-law Duties

Don't worry... Jonas and I didn't secretly elope or get engaged. However, since I moved in with Jonas and his family, I think I am on the fast track to becoming a devoted daughter-in-law.

For example, I helped clean the house last weekend and I am even doing dishes. And since Jonas is traveling for work and Jonas' mom is overseas visiting family, I actually made dinner tonight for myself and Jonas' dad.

This is a big deal to me, because I really hate taking any longer to prepare food than it takes to eat it. I have lived on my own for over seven years, and I have been happy eating frozen fake meat products, vegetables, yogurt, cereal, pasta, frozen dinners, fruit, chocolate, and dining out. I have rarely taken more than twenty minutes to cook myself a meal. Seriously. But tonight I spent at least 45 minutes, making pasta, vegetables, and a casserole. I even used the oven to make the casserole. And then I cleaned everything up, without using a dishwasher.

I am not sure if I am ready to be this domestic, but I guess for now it is my ticket to free room and board.

1 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

Well, when I made a tuna noodle casserole and beans and rice yesterday , Jonas' dad said "Interesting, I've never tasted anything like this before... but I don't mind American food." I guess there was a compliment in there somewhere. And he ate a lot too. :)

2:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home