Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Hell has frozen over

I cooked AGAIN today... mostly out of guilt because Jonas and his dad both work so hard. Not that I am not busy with cleaning, jobsearching, shopping, etc., but I do have just a little more free time than they do. :)

Tonight, I cooked Mushroom Meatloaf AND Creamy Tomato Basil Soup. I mean, I actually cooked them. And I even touched the raw meat, and minced, sauteed, baked, and everything. Even more surprisingly, they both turned out to be very good.

I made a few substitutions to make both of the recipes a little healthier. For example, I used fat free half and half instead of heavy whipping cream for the soup. (I don't want to kill anyone.) Oh, and I used canned diced tomatoes for the soup instead of fresh tomatoes, because I am still a little lazy.

Here are some picts of the final results:

































Also, here is a picture of a casserole I made last week.
















I am still not a gourmet chef, but it is a step up from frozen dinners.

1 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

Having someone cook dinner for you is always wonderful...unless their cooking is not good. On that note, maybe I should make some crappy food, so that no one expects me to cook anymore. heehee

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home